I am an performance maker based in Australia with a postgraduate degree from the Victorian College of the Arts in Melbourne. The work I create expands across performance making, dramaturgy for dance and festival curation. My interest is in the live body in action, its relationship to technology and to its observer.
Selected highlights include;
– In 2008 my interactive work (with Kate Richards) Wayfarer was shortlisted for the prestigious Ars Electronica Pris in Linz, Austria.
– In 2009 I won a Green Room Award for the video design of the Harry Harlow Project, other video designs have appeared at Melbourne Festival, Perth International Arts Festival, Tasmanian International Arts Festival and Dance Massive.
– I was an Associate Artist at Aphids for 4 years co-creating many projects including Thrashing Without Looking which toured Australia on a Mobile States tour in 2011.
– I have been a resident artist in Beijing, Taipei and Christchurch.
– For four years I was a Board Member of Next Wave Festival including one year as Deputy Chair.
– I Think I Can (with Sam Routledge) has toured to 20 locations in Australia, Canada, U.S, Netherlands, UK and Taiwan. It received a Green Room nomination in 2014.
– I am a founding member of artist collective Field Theory and have co-created all of their projects since 2009. Highlights include durational projects The Stadium Broadcast in Christchurch and 9000 Minutes at the Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne
– I am a member of the Artistic Directorate for the The Unconformity in Tasmania, programming the biennial festival. In 2016 I Co-Directed (with Ian Pidd) the Opening event of the festival The Rumble.